NEW YORK STATE PROBLEM GAMBLING RESOURCE CENTER
MOHAWK VALLEY REGION TREATMENT OPTIONS
MCPIKE ADDICTION TREATMENT CENTER
Schoharie County Chemical Dependency Clinic
NATIONAL PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE
SELF HELP RESOURCES
• Gamblers Anonymous (www.gamblersanonymous.org)
Is fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from a gambling problem.
• Gam-Anon (www.gam-anon.org)
Is a self-help organization for the spouse, family or close friends of compulsive gamblers.
• GamTalk (www.gamtalk.org)
Is a 24/7 moderated online peer support forum.
Please visit the Screening Tools page to access three problem gambling assessment tools. It is important to note that these screens are not a diagnosis and DO NOT replace a face-to-face evaluation with a trained clinical professional.
• The Brief Biosocial Gambling Screen (BBGS). A 3-item survey designed to help people decide on their own whether to seek a formal evaluation of their gambling behavior.
• DSM-5 Addictive Gambling Criteria. The American Psychiatric Association guidelines used for the medical diagnosis of addictive gambling.
• NORC Diagnostic Screen for Gambling Problems. This simple self test will help you to evaluate your gambling behavior. Just answer 10 questions adapted from the DSM IV criteria.